Organizational Transformation Consulting.
Align with your mission and values
We are here to serve your organization if you know you are meant to be a game changer, but lack the clarity of purpose, engagement or alignment you need to fulfill your mission. Ultimately, these programs optimize your internal effectiveness and external impact.
We offer several consulting programs, with a complimentary initial consultation to start the conversation and determine the best approach for your objectives. We’re happy to work with you to customize a program to fit your needs.
Programs for Mission-Based Businesses and Organizations:
Organizational Mission Vision Values Alignment
Align Your Organization With Your Compass
Are you part of an organization that is dedicated to making a difference, yet lack the clarity of purpose and shared mission, vision and values that actively inspire everyone?
Learn how to precisely describe your mission, vision and core values as a group, and then apply them to transform your culture for maximum alignment, efficiency and impact.
This customizable program is designed for your organization if any of the following are true:
- You have a mission to make a significant contribution to your industry yet need greater clarity, alignment and momentum in achieving that mission
- Your current mission and vision statements feel like they miss the mark because they ignore the bigger “why” behind your business
- You have not established the guiding principles of core values that light everyone up, or perhaps your “business as usual” does not match them
- Teams within the organization don’t feel part of a cohesive whole, causing duplicated effort and a silo mentality
Depending on the components that you choose, by the end of this program you will have:
- Survey results and detailed analysis describing the values trends in your organization, including personal values held by individuals, perceived organizational values, and desired organizational values
- Analysis of the gaps between the observed organizational values and those most desired by the group
- Analysis of your organizational “entropy” or wasted energy, reflecting the percentage of observed values that are potentially limiting such as long hours and short-term priorities
- A collaboratively derived set of core values, mission, vision and best practices to align with those guiding principles
- Whole system culture change initiatives that bring these fundamental principles into every aspects of your business where desired, such as operations, marketing language and/or client relations
Mission Vision Values Alignment Program
There are three phases to this program, each one customized according to the objectives and size of your organization:
- Assessment: Gather information and analyze trends.
- Application: Establish core values, associated behaviors, mission, vision and a culture development plan. Train and coach leaders in preparation to lead their teams through the pending cultural transformation.
- Alignment: Cascade and sustain the transformation for the entire organization over time.
Phase 1: Assessment
We’ll start with an initial meeting of 1-2 hours to orient your project sponsor or leadership team, clarify which assessment surveys will best serve your needs, and identify any survey customization to meet your objectives. The survey we provide will then take approximately 15 minutes for each participant to fill out.
Following the survey completion and interpretation, we’ll have have a 2-hour leadership debrief meeting to review the values analysis and discuss the significance of the trends. We’ll also plan a strategy to share the results with the entire organization. Typical examples include a half-day workshop or 2-hour teleconference, where we’ll identify potential strategic core values and associated behaviors in preparation for the Application phase.
In this phase you may choose to analyze certain departments separately in comparison to the entire organization, and/or to analyze the individual results from certain key leaders separately. It also is possible to do a pilot program with a single department first before taking the entire organization through the culture transformation process.
Phase 2: Application
Your core team will collaboratively develop the key set of strategic organizational values, associated behaviors and the culture development plan. Depending on the project objectives and organizational culture, one of two methods will be used to clarify the organization’s mission and vision. At this point you may also choose to include more assessments such as a Leadership Values Assessment with 360 review, and target specific leaders for coaching and training. The length of this phase will depend on the size of the participant group and the scope of the project.
Phase 3: Alignment
This is the phase where the project comes to fruition at the largest scale, potentially impacting the way everything is done such as hiring, performance reviews, marketing and strategic planing. Rolling out the desired changes and sustaining them over time will ensure that your objectives are met in a way that honors the heartfelt values and inspired mission and vision that you all share.
“Working with Audrey to clarify our values and direction has given our collective of eight members an inspiring new energy! She kept us very on track, supported us entirely and generously, to come together and take what seemed like an overwhelming job and bring it into inspiring focus. We could never have gotten there on our own. Now, we all are clear about our respective roles within our group, as well as our collective message and mission for the community.”
Sara Harris, MFT
To start the conversation and explore options:
True Purpose® Program for Organizations
Align Your Culture With Your Shared Inner Wisdom and Purpose
As a leader of a mission-driven organization, you need to bring out the best in your team. Yet, to inspire people to perform at their best, they need to know not only what they are doing but why it matters.
When your organization has a higher purpose:
- You attract and retain the best employees, partners and investors
- Your employees experience their work as meaningful and fulfilling
- You make a greater impact in the world
- You create a legacy that lasts and makes the world a better place
Imagine uncovering and mobilizing your collective deeper purpose. When you bring your combined inner wisdom as an additional resource into major business decisions, you become an inspiring force for optimal change both inside and outside the organization.
This work is designed for your organization if you:
- Place a high value on innovation. You are adaptable and responsive to changes in your industry, and want to be an industry leader in your niche. You understand that embracing change is critical to your growth and sustainability.
- Know the old paradigms of business cannot sustain you, and are scanning the horizon for inspirational ways of evolving and recreating your business.
- Want to create a purposeful company, one that is organized around a higher vision that brings meaning and focus to work for your employees and stakeholders.
- Sense that mission, vision and values need to be more than dry statements on your website and annual report. You are searching for practical and authentic ways to inspire your people and provide clear direction, new strength and inner satisfaction.
- Want to leverage intuition and inspiration in setting your strategy. You appreciate that the best ideas often defy conventional logic, and know the value of following the heart and gut as well as head, and inner wisdom as well as logic and reason.
- Appreciate the need to be a sustainable company, built on delivering products and services that make a positive impact, in order to continue to attract the best employees, customers and partners.
Through this process you can expect to find:
- A description of the essence of your organization, which will inform your brand and marketing message
- A detailed explanation of the transformational impact your organization is meant to deliver as an agent of change, and the ideal audience for your work. In particular, you will learn how to recognize the condition your audience is in when they need your transformation, how to describe the results they will receive, and how the steps of your transformation works. This provides a strong and unique basis for your positioning in the marketplace.
- The basic blueprint for services and/or product designs that showcase your unique purpose as an organization
- Your legacy mission and core wisdom message you are meant to bring the world
- Purpose-based marketing language that will touch the heart and soul of those you are meant to serve
- As a result of the process, much greater engagement, alignment, inspiration and sense of purpose as a collective
True Purpose® Program for Organizations and Groups:
There are three phases to this program:
- Accessing Inner Wisdom
- Discovering Collective Purpose
- Integrating Shared Purpose
Phase 1: Accessing Inner Wisdom
In this phase of the organizational purpose process, team members learn how to access a source of inner wisdom, including tools for navigating any fears, concerns or distractions that keep them from being open to that connection and information. In the process, they discover the details of their individual life purpose.
Note: Phase 1 of this program can also be met by previous completion of the True Purpose individual process through a workshop, private coaching in the Individual True Purpose® program or successful self-study; ask for more details.
Phase 2: Discovering Collective Purpose
In this phase, the purpose project team members resolve any collective fears, concerns and conflicting priorities that keep them from accessing the truth of their collective higher purpose. The purpose details are received and the team gains new collaborative decision-making tools to converge on purpose statements that light everyone up.
Depending on the size of your organization, customizations to the purpose discovery process will allow all organization members to have a voice in the final choice of purpose statements.
Phase 3: Integrating Shared Purpose
The final phase brings it all together – applying and integrating your organizational purpose into everything you do, at the pacing that makes sense relative to your other priorities. Examples include marketing, sales, hiring, onboarding, performance reviews and more.
“We have a 125 acre mixed-use sustainable development in Far North Queensland, and we were looking for a more precise understanding of our purpose plus how to articulate it in the marketplace. We also wanted to ensure that we walked our talk and increased our capacity to work in collaboration. Audrey got us inspired and excited, raising valuable questions for us to think about.
“I appreciate how carefully she guided us through our concerns and fears and kept us on track, so the process unfolded very beautifully. She created a lovely space that combined our heads and hearts. Nothing has succeeded at bringing us into alignment the way this process has. We are so grateful – it was absolutely huge. We didn’t imagine the enormous impact learning and articulating the components of our purpose would give us. We now see the end goal and the path forward is clear.
“Not only have we continued to use the skills and insights learnt from Audrey, but I was so thrilled with my introduction to the application of this purpose work to a real-life situation that I subsequently took the training course to become a purpose coach myself.
“There is no one that I would recommend more highly than Audrey. She is amazing in her work around purpose. But her general business coaching skills are characterised by the same strengths that she exhibits in purpose work: laser focus, a constant combination of high cognitive input and an overall hearfeltness that pervades her work, that interesting ability to push forward at warp speed when everyone is ready and to slow right down when her exquisite sensibility feels it is time for a pause, and a delightful, infectious love of this work.”
Founder, Malanda North
President, Atherton Tablelands Chamber of Commerce
What keeps your organization from achieving your ground-breaking mission in the world? Gain clarity of purpose, alignment, momentum and a detailed plan for achieving the impact you are here to make.
To start the conversation and explore options:
Business Performance Optimization
Business Systems Optimization, Rent-a-CFO, Tech Support
with David Meyer
It’s hard to succeed in making a better world if you’re not managing the bottom line well. All your dedicated efforts will go to waste if you run out of cash or critical systems fail. Did you know that according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (2016), 50% of businesses fail within the first 5 years, 65% fail within the first 10 years, and 79% fail by year 20? How will your business beat these statistics and thrive, when most do not?
There are multiple reasons for businesses to close their doors, but some of the most common ones include:
- A founder/owner who is strong on passion, vision and leadership but not skilled at managing operations, systems and cash flow
- Infrastructure investments that are a mismatch for your current stage of growth, either too much or too little
- Hardware and/or software challenges and failures due to inadequate tech support and security
- Database breaches and failures
- Cash flow issues and even missed payroll and loss of key personnel due to inaccurate forecasting
To keep your business strong and growing, David Meyer offers the following services:
Align your cash, talent and assets with your company vision and mission to achieve your ultimate desired outcomes. Another very important factor is learning how to scale your systems to match the appropriate stage of your company’s growth.
- Tax compliance and planning
- Financeial analysis optimization
- CRM – Customer Relationship Management
- ERP – Enterprise Resource Planning
- Web and social media presence
Affordable experienced financial guidance for purpose-based lean startups and mid-size businesses. Keep your focus on what you do best, and still see and understand your financial past and future for timely confident decision making and rapid growth.
- Strategic planning
- Financial analysis including dimensional modeling, performance metrics and cash flow management
- Customized executive dashboards, XLQ and Advanced Excel programming
- Financial controls with GAAP compliance
- Financial Living ForecastingTM– Nimble accurate cash flow projections
- Accounting and supporting systems – Quickbooks Certified ProAdvisor®
- Tax planning
“We can resolve nearly any tech issue, and if not, we will know someone who can in our resource network.”
- PC, Mac, servers, Android, iPhone, printers and peripherals, audiovisual
- Network infrastructure: LAN, WAN, and wireless
- Database setup, integration and administration: Access, SQL, Oracle, Salesforce, Filemaker, OLAP and more
- Email setup and administration
- Hardware strategy, maintenance and life cycle
- Software strategy, maintenance and training
- Remote help desk support
- Livestream video broadcasting and editing
- WordPress website development and maintenance
- Disaster recovery
An unusually broad consulting experience enables David to think way outside the box and to get results that no one in house would even imagine.
A well-known bank would never consider gambling theory in its management of paper check processing federal penalty deadlines. I ask, if you never pay a penalty, how do you know where the edge is? I developed a system that was designed to risk paying a penalty 1% of the time, which saved over $1 million dollars a year.
A school district was spending 30 hours a month on California sales tax compliance, and was still paying around $40,000 a year in non-compliance penalties. I automated the system, and reduced the time spent by staff to 30 minutes per month and eliminated the non-compliance penalties.
For a semiconductor, I significantly increased stock value by developing a “living” rolling forecasting system, with the goal of stabilizing financials, to meet Wall Street expectations in the very volatile semiconductor industry. The stock price went from 26 to 127 in 4 months.
“David has assisted us to get very organized and to stream line our processes and systems. He has high integrity standards and I trust our financial statements and projections much more than I ever have in the past. He is great at high level ‘what if’ scenarios, presenting possible options, very detailed at what has to be done to achieve goals and follows up with implementation of proposals. He has recommended a number of cost cutting and revenue increasing ideas, and has been very sage counsel for greatly improving our business. David delivers promises on time. The results achieved in the last two years working with David speak for themselves:
Revenue increased 43%
Expenses decreased 18%
Net Income increased 117%
Needless to say we are very happy and would highly recommend David Meyer.“
Julie Fraser, Founder and President
Inyo Advisors, Inc
To start the conversation and explore options:
“Audrey was a godsend to Speaking Circles International. When she started, we were essentially a family-style organization. She built a solid foundation enabling us to grow into a thriving efficient business in a way that seemed effortless. Audrey designed multiple systems to streamline our operations and marketing efforts, rebranded our business, rebuilt the website, and designed certification and continuing education programs for our facilitators. She taught us how to handle challenging conversations and keep all the stakeholders engaged. As a result, we are well positioned to keep growing, and many of our courses are regularly waitlisted.”
Lee Glickstein, Founder and President
Speaking Circles International
Audrey joined my team when I was struggling to manage a software project that had been stalled for months, due to constant friction and dominance battles between some of the developers. Audrey’s leadership and interpersonal skills were essential to turn this project around and bring it to successful completion. She has a unique ability to tune in to group psychological dynamics and to reshape them toward a common purpose. By actively listening to team members’ concerns, she gained their respect and trust, so they were able to learn to work together productively.
Kevin McLoughlin, former Director
UI Development at Gene Logic [where Audrey was a software development manager and lead engineer]
I’ve trained hundreds of coaches and consultants, and of all the people I trained, Audrey is one of the few people I actually refer clients to. She’s smart, dedicated, full of heart and commitment, and is an excellent guide for her clients. My referrals always report their love and satisfaction working with Audrey and I whole heartedly recommend her and her services.
Jeffrey Van Dyk
Senior Faculty True Purpose Institute